Error Compilling parallel routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAI ROUSES
Participant

Error Compilling parallel routine

Post by RAI ROUSES »

I am trying to create parallel routines, but I am having a problem in the configuration of the routines.

I had created the routines in C++, unix, compiled with the command

/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Routine/RPTest.cpp -o /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Routine/RPTest.out

Compiled with sucess and test successfully it in Unix.

After i had created in Datastage the routine object, with type of object, identified the name of the routine (RPTest) and its path /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Routine.

I invoke the routine in the transform stage.

Had occured an error in the compilation, when the DataStage try to compile the the stage and the routine, it try to compiled the routine RPTest.cpp.o (Datastage added an suffix ".o") and it does not compiled because it does not recognize such file type.

Anyone can help me to validate that the steps to crerated the routine ? What are missing ? And why Datastage is tryng to compile a rotine with the ".o" suffix ?

Thanks in advance
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

When you compile a job that has a parallel routine, the routine is not compiled instead the object file gets fused in the compiled code of the job.

What compiler are you using to compile the code, post the exact command with options
- Zulfi
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

In unix, i had compile the rotine with this command

bash-3.00$ /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Routine/RPTest.cpp -o /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Routine/RPTest.out
bash-3.00$ ./RPTest.out
Hello, world!
bash-3.00$
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

You need to use your DataStage installation's compiling options, which are located in the administrator as APT_COMPILEOPT environment variable (for me it's g++34 -O -fPIC -Wno-deprecated -c -m32).

I suggest you to take a look at this post : http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/dw-soa/data ... easy-20926

Regards,
Eric