Sequential_File_1,0: Import warning at record 0:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

Hi

I have importing the data from sequential file, I am getting the correct reult but below messages are showing as warnings.

can any one help to me in which we get this kind of warnings and solution for that.

Sequential_File_1,0: Field "j" has import error and no default value; data: {j}, at offset: 0
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you need to set "First Line is Column Headings" property to True?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

there is no option or property like "First Line is Column Headings" in sequential file INPUT.

is there any alternative than above property.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is.

Look more closely.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

Hi,

There is no "First line column Headings" while in sequential file, this sequential file extracting the data with.txt format and sending data to .csv format.

in ouput file, i have given "First line column Headings" =TRUE, but in input sequential property i didn't find.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So you are saying that the file you are reading doesn't have a header row in it? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

sorry, I mean the sequential file stage doesn't showing the property, while extracting(Input).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using File Pattern or Multiple Readers Per Node properties? If so these will block First Line is Column Headings. If you read specific files, however, the First Link is Column Headings property is definitely available.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Something that is a little confusing is you keep using "input" and "output" but with the opposite meaning from the stage's standpoint. For us it makes sense to think of "input" as the stage reading and "output" as the stage writing but when it comes to the reality of it and how the tabs are actually named and documented, it is the other way 'round.

The Output tab is used to define how the stage reads a sequential file. Records are output from it into the job.

The Input tab is used to define how the stage writes to a sequential file. Records are input into it by the job.

Just an FYI.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The fact that it's an "import" error means that the file is being read.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That, too. :wink:
-craig