Multiple If conditions with Or Operator not working in v8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gnan_gun
Participant

Multiple If conditions with Or Operator not working in v8.5

Post by gnan_gun »

Hi,

I am using below derivation for a column in transformer.
If Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='10' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2) ='30' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='50' Then 'GNAN9999' Else
If Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='20' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2) ='40' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='60' Then 'GNAN1111' Else DSLink2.VALUE

The job is giving dbx: not found error
Please give me suggestion to resolve this issue.

If I write only single if condition with Or operator it is working fine.
If Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='10' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2) ='30' Or Right(DSLink2.PRODCUTID,2)='50' Then 'GNAN9999' Else DSLink2.VALUE

This job is in v8.5. The same logic is working fine in v7.5 with out any warnings/fatals.
Karthik.M
Participant

Post by Karthik.M »

Just now I checked this logic in DataStage 8.5 . It is working fine without any warnings or fatal errors and producing the output.
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The dbx warning does not relate to your syntax; it relates to the way that your compiler and its related environment variables have been set up. You need to get these right to dispose of this particular error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.