Cannot view Parallel Routine Code

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot view Parallel Routine Code

Post by harshada »

There is a parallel routine (external function) which is a external C routine being called in a parallel transformer. I want to view its code. When I try to go to that routine and check the code behind it, I can see only 3 tabs- General, Creator and Arguments. Where can I see the code for this external function. For server routines, a tab called 'Code' appears where we can view the code, but the same is not appearing for the parallel routine.

Help appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"External" means exactly that; the code is not stored within DataStage. It's stored wherever its author decided to store it.

The entry in DataStage may give some clue as to its location, but that's not guaranteed - whoever compiled/linked the routine need not have placed the shared library or object anywhere near the source code. There's certainly no requirement to do so.

Find the author of the routine. Ask.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.