Record Count

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanikumar
Participant

Record Count

Post by phanikumar »

I have a scenario where i need to calculate the number of records processed from the input and pass that value to another field.Can some one help me with this logic.

Regards

kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using WebSphere Transformation Extender or DataStage? This forum is for WebSphere Transformation Extender. But your language suggests that the question is about DataStage.

Once we know which product you're using it will be easier to provide a correct answer without having to guess.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... and then I'll move it. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
phanikumar
Participant

Post by phanikumar »

The question i asked is regarding datastage and sorry to post my query in wrong place.I am new to this DSXchange can you suggest me where to post my datasatge queries.

Regards

Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This forum (that I just moved your post to since you marked the job type as Parallel) is the one to use for questions specific to Parallel jobs. There is also a dedicated Server forum and the General one is where "everything else" goes - client questions, sequence job issues, routine coding, etc etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Run the rows into an Aggregator to count them. The count will be available downstream of the Aggregator stage once all rows are in.

Note that the records on each node are counted separately. So, on a two node configuration, you will get two row counts.

If we understood a little more about your requirement we may be able to come up with a better answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.