Date Validation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad v
Participant

Date Validation

Post by prasad v »

Hi

I need to validate teh date which is coming from input file in as dd/mm/yyyy. I tried reading as date datatype in Sequential format, it is giving the warning like
has import error and no default value; data: {3 0 / 0 9 / 2 0 1 1}, at offset: 264
I tried changing the datatype as Varchar, i could read data but while using Isvalid() could not check the dd/mm/yyyy format .

Could somebody suggest how t odo this?
vishal_rastogi
Participant

Post by vishal_rastogi »

under job properties you will find default tab
change the Date format with the one you are using
Vish
prasad v
Participant

Post by prasad v »

Thanks Vishal,

I am facing one more issue, while validating the date i had given date value as 04/14/2011,date as data type and ran my job, it has given warnings saying invalid value.

later on i changed the datatype as varchar and tried to capture the error using Isvalid() to avoid the warnings but could not make the date format as dd/mm/yyyy using stringtodate function.

Can we convert to date as dd/mm/yyyy format?

Here my intention is to validate the Date(dd/mm/yyyy)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, you can do this at field level by editing the extended properties of the field in the Columns grid. Double-click on the row number in that grid, or right click anywhere in the row in the grid and choose Edit Row.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.