auto partitioning vs specific partitioning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

auto partitioning vs specific partitioning

Post by dsscholar »

Hi all,

I just have a job with source ---> filter ---> copy ---> transformer ---> target. I have given auto here in one run for all the stages. Another run, i have given as round - robin at the first partition setting and "same" in the rest. I understand if i set specific partition methods wrongly it will result in incorrect results. But if i know that auto will choose round robin and same means. i can give it straight away. How engine will check it. If its auto then it will check the stage and will choose the correct partitioning? Here some chek is happening or not. Am i eliminating that by specifically setting the required partition or not. This s my question. Am i eliminating that check or it happens in different way. Even it takes nano seconds i want to know how its happening and whether its happening or not.. Does it have any significance in performance.

Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you hope to gain by posting exactly the same question as the one you posted in this thread?
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsscholar »

Sorry for posting it again. I thought i will get some answer as the query will appear in the top of the stack.

Apologies