Where is "Key Change" option in the new transforme

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Where is "Key Change" option in the new transforme

Post by kashif007 »

I read on the following blog http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/infosphere/ ... e-85-42312 by Vincent McBurney
that the new transformer in the DS 8.5 gives the key change option but I could not locate this new property in the new transformer stage. I saw one new thing though, the transformer stage now can do a looping mechanism, which is pretty cool. With this looping mechanism horizontal pivot can be done inside of the transformer stage itself. We can also use the looping mechanism just like the for loop, do-while loop.

Can someone point me to the right direction in finding the keychange option in the new transformer stage (DS 8.5) ?

Apologize if this question was answered in previous posts.
Regards
Kashif Khan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Key change is set up as an output column from the Sort stage. This column is transmitted to the Transformer stage on its input link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Vincent's blog doesn't mention a new "key change option" property but rather new functions to help simplify key change detection. And it's basically all laid out in the "Transformer Remembering" section.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The new LastRowInGroup() function is in the Parallel Job Dev Guide under Key Break Detection and requires sorted input. I haven't used the new function yet. It sounds similar to but perhaps opposite from the keyChange column from the Sort stage. LastRowInGroup() is true on the last row before the key changes whereas keyChange is 1 on the first row in each group. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have used the new loop variables and they work like a charm!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius