Datastage XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage XML

Post by kogads »

Can anyone explain how to read xml files in Datastage parallel jobs , i saw a lot of posts which mention how to output to xml stage and also reading through a folder stage in server jobs but i dont see how to read xml files in parallel jobs any where ... any help is appreciated .Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prakashdasika
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prakashdasika »

You can use a external source stage as specified by Ernie in his blog or do the same thing using a wrapper stage (custom stage) and do a 'ls' to get the xml file and in the input tab of XMLInput stage select the source as 'URL/Path'.

If the name of file remains same then you can also have a transformer with a column that contains the path (including the name of the file) which will be input to the XMLinput stage. This stage should also have a dummy Row Gen stage.
Prakash Dasika
ETL Consultant
Sydney
Australia
Ravi.K
Participant

Post by Ravi.K »

Use the below thread for XML file reading at Parallel Jobs.

viewtopic.php?t=138188&highlight=XML
Cheers
Ravi K
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Ravi.K wrote:Use the below thread for XML file reading at Parallel Jobs.

viewtopic.php?t=138188&highlight=XML
That was the exact thread I found and used to help me get started using XML input.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872