ODBC connection to Access 2007

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clarcombe
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC connection to Access 2007

Post by clarcombe »

Hello,

I am trying to update a table in an Access 2007 database on a pc. I have created a system DSN without a password but cannot get it to connect. It says I require a password but the database has no user or password nor can I create one apparently

Additionally, I can't find an odbc.ini anywhere to see what is being passed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Colin Larcombe
-------------------

Certified IBM Infosphere Datastage Developer
djbarham
Participant

Re: ODBC connection to Access 2007

Post by djbarham »

clarcombe wrote:Hello,

I am trying to update a table in an Access 2007 database on a pc. I have created a system DSN without a password but cannot get it to connect.
Is this Access file and ODBC DSN on the same server as DataStage?

Can you use something like Excel or Microsoft Query to first prove that the ODBC Source is working before you try and use it with DataStage? Again, you'd need to do all this on the DataStage server.

If the Access file is on another computer, then the ODBC source (on the server) would need to reference the file using a UNC path (maybe this is where your username / password issue is coming from), or you should copy the MDB file to the server.
clarcombe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: ODBC connection to Access 2007

Post by clarcombe »

Yes the Access database is on the same server and I can access it as a ODBC DSN using Excel
Colin Larcombe
-------------------

Certified IBM Infosphere Datastage Developer
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It should connect with any user and password based on how you set it up. Try to import tables from this Access database. If you cannot then it is not setup properly in the DataStage .ini files.
Mamu Kim