Using job parameter value in Oracle connector stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Using job parameter value in Oracle connector stage

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi all,
I have a scenario to implement in a parallel job using Oracle connector stage. Basically, based on the business logic, I will have to generate a SELECT query with a where clause and Oracle connector stage execute that. Since I would need to execute multiple queries and the output columns are the same, I am planning to have a multiple instance job created instead of separate job for each query. I would ideally generate the SQL statements in a Perl script and then invoke the Datastage job with the query as the parameter and let Datastage execute that.

We are inclined towards a parallel job for better performance and anticipated records returned by the queries.

I have few questions here.

1. Is it possible to pass a select query as the job parameter value and let Oracle connector stage execute the query by reading the parameter value?
2. Is there a way to have the Oracle connector stage generate the 'WHERE' clause in the SQL statement if I define a key column in the column list.

Please let me know your thoughts.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Yes.
2. No. But you can provide it as part of the custom SELECT statement.

I have done this in the past, generating the SELECT statement via a query against the Oracle system tables. This was done in an upstream server job and the SQL query saved in that job's user status area.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.