OMD.XML.DIR warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

OMD.XML.DIR warning

Post by vivekgadwal »

Hello Gurus,

We have installed v8.5 FP1 very recently and are experiencing this warning(s) when we are running jobs:

Code: Select all

Unable to Write Temp_<Project_Name>_<Job_Name>01 to OMD.XML.DIR
Unable to Read Temp_<Project_Name>_<Job_Name>_ReleaseTest01 from OMD.XML.DIR
I have searched the forum and came across these two topics (Link 1, Link 2). I have implement both these suggestions, i.e. IPC_TIMEOUT and the un-checking of the OMD option in Administrator and the warning(s) still persist.

I have two questions:

1) How do I get rid of these warnings (even though they are not causing any problems w.r.t running a job, but when we start running sequences, some of them are set to "Executed OK" which will cause issues) ?

2) Can you please shed some light into what this Operational Metadata storage XML file is and where and why is it created?

As always, you inputs and help is very much appreciated.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try disabling generation of operational metadata (an option in the job run options dialog) as a test.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.