All records get rejected in CDC stage Job.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

All records get rejected in CDC stage Job.

Post by suryadev »

I am implementing SCD2 using Change capture and at the end there are two targets one being the Insert and other for Update.

The jobs runs well but at the last all the records get rejected in the Oracle enterprise stage which is used for only Insert.

Please suggest me any changes required for the solution.
Thanks,
Surya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Telling us WHY they are being rejected (by posting the actual error messages, or at least a couple of them) would be really helpful.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: All records get rejected in CDC stage Job.

Post by SURA »

Please share the warning message
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

I do not see any errors in the log except some warnings about the implicit conversion between datatypes.
Below are some of them

Sourcefields: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outputData": When binding output interface field "SYS_KEY" to field "SYS_KEY": Implicit conversion from source type "decimal[38,10]" to result type "decimal[38,0]": Possible precision limitation.

Sourcefields: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outputData": When binding output interface field "SYS_KEY" to field "SYS_KEY": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur; use the modify operator to
specify a value to which the null should be converted.

Are these warnings the reason for rejecting the records, In the performance statistics I see that all the records pass to the target but they are not getting loaded.

Thanks
Thanks,
Surya
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Used a peek stage to see the records in the place of Insert Table.

As there are 2 nodes in the project I see 2 peeks in the log of Director and there I can see the records in one peek and in the other peek I see that the key which is used as changekey in Change capture has 0 in all the records.

Is this the reason for rejecting records?
Thanks,
Surya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it the case that you're trying to pass the Change Code to the database table which does not have a column for it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

I am not passing the change code to the database.

Using peekstage I see a improper lookup between two fields of tables.

After lookup the field of one table is giving Null records rather than data in it.

This might be the problem for rejecting records.
Thanks,
Surya
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Used drop for all the records where there is no lookup for the same field but still the records get rejected so that is not the case.

In the target I used peekstage where I can see all the records but for some reason they are not loading into the oracle table(oracle enterprise stage).

Please suggest any changes

Thanks
Thanks,
Surya