Complex Flat File - Multiple Record IDs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Complex Flat File - Multiple Record IDs

Post by devo »

I have a situation I do not see a post on. I have a flat file with multiple record types and record type indicators, so naturally I want to use the CFF stage. I have used this successfully for other files from this company, but now they have thrown me for a loop.

The record has a header, contra header, detail, contra trailer, and trailer records. All of these types have a field indicating what record type they are. So far so good. Then the detail record is further broken down into two types of detail record with two different formats. There is a separate field that determines how to split these apart; unfortunately it is at the end of the record, not next to the main record ID.

If I could use two fields for the ID field, this could work but it looks like I am limited to one field. I may need to write the detail record to a sequential file stage and breakdown further in a transform, I am just looking for a better option. Any suggestions?
Grant Dever
Programmer Analyst Sr
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Differentiate the detail records types in a downstream Transformer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.