Parallel job not able to compile

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dbdecoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parallel job not able to compile

Post by dbdecoy »

Hi,

I am new to parallel edition. I created a job to load data from one oracle table to another table. I was able to import the metadata data config for both the source as well as the target table. but i was not able to view the data at the source nor i was able to compile.

Do i need to add any parameters other than the Database details like userid and password?

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What exactly happens when you try to "compile"? Does the job have a Transformer in it by chance? If so, you'll need to have a supported C++ compiler installed and properly configured before that will work.

For the view data problem, what stage are you using? What errors are you getting? Hard to help properly when all we have to go on is basically "it doesn't work". :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Either you are missing to define any property while configuring the source data stage or it is not making an connection with the database.

While compiling please check the stage where it is giving the actual error , for more help post the comilation error so that can be better addressed.

Regards
VJ
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
dbdecoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dbdecoy »

i get the following error while i click on view data

##E IIS-DSEE-TFOP-00020 22:42:25(001) <Oracle_Enterprise_0> Error occurred during initializeFromArgs().
##E IIS-DSEE-TDOR-00008 22:42:25(002) <Oracle_Enterprise_0> Missing server name; cannot connect.
##E IIS-DSEE-TDOR-00140 22:42:25(003) <Oracle_Enterprise_0> APT_OraReadOperator: connect failed.
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 22:42:25(004) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.

I am using Oracle enterprise stage i gave the user name and password in the properties and imported the metadata from the pluggin and tried to view the data

Hope you can help me out from these

thanks,
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

But you did not answer the request to provide error you are getting when you attempt to compile, given that the subject of your post is "Parallel job not able to compile".

That being said: this error message seems rather important--

Code: Select all

##E IIS-DSEE-TDOR-00008 22:42:25(002) <Oracle_Enterprise_0> Missing server name; cannot connect. 
Perhaps you might want to check the options in your OracleEE stage to see if you gave it a server name? The stage can't guess what server you want to connect to... :)

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Let's go back to the basics - do you have an Oracle client installed on the DS server? Have you configured DataStage for Oracle?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers