Issue with Message Handler

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue with Message Handler

Post by Raamc »

Hi All,

I need to insert data coming from a file into two different target tables.

First table is having a PRIMARY-KEY and second table is having some NON NUL able columns.

I added a message handler in my job to handle PRIMARY KEY violation warnings (I created a new message handler to handle the message-id -- IIS-DSEE-TDOD-00007 and added that in my job).

When I run the job, first Oracle EE stage is rejecting some records due to PK violation which are handled by Message Handler.

But the second Oracle EE also rejecting some records as the incoming records having some NULL values in NON-NULLable columns.

The problem here is--The second Oracle EE stage also rejecting the records with same Message-id as PK violation warning, so this warnings also handled by defined message handler.

The question here is, how datastage is giving the same message-id --IIS-DSEE-TDOD-00007 for two different kind of warnings (Giving the same message-id for PK violation warnings and NON NULLable rejects)?

I don't want to ignore the messages generated by NON-NULLable columns, how can I differentiate those messages from PK violation messages?
Thanks,
Raamc
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

Hi All,

Any ideas of this issue, I am still trying for some work around. Any one can suggest?
Thanks,
Raamc
theone
Participant

Post by theone »

Can you split the job into 2 jobs and check?
Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raamc »

Hi theone,

Thanks for the reply.

But in some cases, we can see these two different kinds of warnings from same table.

That means, job is having only one table with PRIMARY_KEY and NOT NULL columns, so records are rejected due to PRIMARY_KEY violations and some other are due to NON NULL constraint. But all these warnings are having the same message-id, which is handled by message handler.

In this case, how can we control NON NULLable warning?
Thanks,
Raamc