Reject Table definitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adi_2_chaos
Participant

Reject Table definitions

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Hi,

I am capturing all the rejects from any lookup stage into database tables, but am stuck with an issue. I would want the Reject tables to be in Append mode. Now, when I create a reject link, then by default it inherits the structure of the table (from the lookup link), along with the primary key definitions. But in case there are any duplicates in the source records which get rejected, they may cause the job to fail due to Unique Constraint violations. I thought that I may create the reject tables manually in the database (thereby excluding the primary key constraint), but the columnar definitions of the reject table still show the primary keys (the spefic column(s) have the box(es) checked). Will it still make any difference, since in the Oracle database, the primary keys dont exist in the table?

Thanks,
Sriram
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

put copy stage in middle of reject link from lookup and database stage. and unchacked key fields
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.