DB2 connectivity steps in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NLakahmi
Participant

DB2 connectivity steps in datastage

Post by NLakahmi »

Hi,
In my environment currently using ODBC stage to connect to DB2.Since this is not good performence wise, want to use DB2 enterprise stage.can you please help me out what and all steps should be done to connect to DB2 through DB2 stage in windows 2003.

Thanks,
Lakshmi
madsongtel
Participant

Post by madsongtel »

DB2 Enterprise stage is not correct choice for performance wise, better to use DB2 Connector stagte. It gives very good performance.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

madsongtel, that statement is misleading and is incorrect if the OP happens to be using Information Server 8.0.

Lakshmi, please refer to the "Connectivity Guide for DB2 Databases" document which is included the version of Information Server 8 you are using. Requirements and instructions are included in that document. Additional software and system configuration may be required so you should discuss with your Information Server administrators.

For versions 8.1 and beyond, the DB2 Connector is the recommended method as it can provide better performance than the older DB2 Enterprise stage.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
NLakahmi
Participant

Post by NLakahmi »

Hi James,

Can you please explain me how is DB2 Connector gives better performance than the older DB2 Enterprise stage?

Thanks,
Lakshmi
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

I can't define the performance improvements like I believe you're asking me to as I don't know the particular information. The connector stages are built using a newer code base (part of the "common connector" family) than the enterprise stages, which have been around for many years. Connectors are the recommended method to use for DataStage job development.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
rameshv
Participant

DB2 Connector stage

Post by rameshv »

First conform with your Administrator to get coonection then you can use db2 connector stage.