Informix enterprise stage fails when pwd start with a number

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soportesis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Informix enterprise stage fails when pwd start with a number

Post by soportesis »

Hi,

I'm getting an error message when i'm trying to read a table using the Informix Enterprise Stage with a user which password starts with a number.

I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error executing View Data command:

##E TFOP 000014 09:43:22(000) <Bd_I_mm_dyc_cidcave1> APT_InfxReadOperator: dboptions parse failed because: Expected "," or "}", got: "PASS", line 1.
I changed the password for this user and now it works fine, but there are some passwords I can't change that starts with numbers and this might be a little bit of a problem.

Do you have an idea what might be the cause of this problem?

BR,
Frank
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like something that's either a bug in the stage or something they don't support for some reason. Check with your official support provider, see if there is a patch available.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsadm333
Participant

Post by dsadm333 »

Hey,

we came across the same problem in 8.5 with Informix Enterprise Stage.

When viewing data we received:
##E IIS-DSEE-TDIX-00014 17:22:49(011) <INF_DKH_VF> APT_InfxReadOperator: dboptions parse failed because: Expected "," or "}", got: "#", line 1.

--> In our case the error cause was that the password contained the sign # which isn't obviously a good idea as DataStage masks its parameters with the #-sign.