Best options for Incremental Loading Reusablity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dssubhani
Participant

Best options for Incremental Loading Reusablity

Post by dssubhani »

I like to know what are the options available for incremental loading in Parallel version. I know the CDC is one of the option in which we can capture insert, update and delete. Please let me know the other options.
In which design we can it as reusable design?

My source is Oracle and Target is SQL Server. (total more than 87 tables)

I tried using CDC, but I can't able to do as reusable design and also I can't use RCP enabled in Target DRS or ODBC stage for my SQL Server.

Please suggest the best solution.
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sometimes you just can't effect reusable design. What's the problem with not being able to?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilkumarr
Participant

Post by senthilkumarr »

Ray,
I am passing insert/update(Upsert) query required for each table and Tablename as a parameter to this reusable job from Job Activity.

If the above design is possible,then

I have one doubt if i use like this and i want to invoke this load job in a Mutiinstance way at the same time.How many instance can be invoked at the same time.

-----------------------------------------
Senthilkumarr.sudarsan@target.com
senthil kumarr
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One.

Of course you can have more than one running simultaneously, but your question was specifically how many can be started at the same time.

The limit is governed entirely by the resources available on your system, and is almost certainly less than you are hoping for.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.