Double column data Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DJRH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Double column data Issue

Post by DJRH »

Hi,

We are migrating to DS 8.5 and the jobs which are working fine in 7.1 are failing in 8.5 because the column which are defined as double are getting trailing zeros.

Whenever we change the column type to decimal...the problem get fixed and then in the same job the problem comes again with another column which is defined as double.

Can somebody provide me help where in we need to put a environment variable or a fix that can fix this issue as we have multiple jobs in different project and it is hard to change all the column from double to decimal

We are moving server job to 8.5

Let me know if you need more information on this.
DJRH
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's hard about it? If you can change one you can change any number. The word you really wanted is "tedious". It's not hard. Many things in programming are tedious if done right. But, if they're done right, they're typically only done once.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.