How to Identify dead job threads

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jweir
Participant

How to Identify dead job threads

Post by jweir »

Hello all,

I have two jobs that are locked and they both say they were locked by me. I did have to restart my server earlier, and when the server was rebooted, this problem occured. I closed down my DS before rebooting.

I have tried using Cleanup Resources in Director on those two jobs, but the job has no locks it says. I also tried going into Administrator and running LIST.READU and it did not give me the answer (probably because the thread is dead, I'm guessing).

So is there a way I can look at the dead threads so I can unlock those two jobs? Or kill those two sessions?

Thanks in advance.
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start the DataStage deadlock daemon. It has a secondary task of cleaning up defunct processes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_dwh
Participant

Re: How to Identify dead job threads

Post by ds_dwh »

Hi,

if u r working on 8.0.1 version

login to information server then follow the below path

Administratation->session management->active sessions

based on locked job id select the exat one, then click on disconnect
ANJI
Vineet Pal Singh
Participant

Post by Vineet Pal Singh »

Every job will have a unique process id associated with it.Please log on to the unix box and see the process id's against the User. Then you can kill the corresponding process id's.

Thanks
Vineet
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ds_dwh wrote:if u r working on 8.0.1 version
U is one of our posters. The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you". The present tense of the verb "to be" is spelled "are", not "r". Please use a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, not least to help those whose first language is other than English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.