Reading VARGRAPHIC data type in source table/View.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

highpoint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reading VARGRAPHIC data type in source table/View.

Post by highpoint »

Hi,

I am trying to read data from XMETA of DataStage.The XMETA table/view has VARGRAPHIC as data type.

As DataStage does not have VARGRAPHIC as the datatype, i used NChar and other datatypes in db2 connector stage, i am getting the following error:

ERROR during execution of DB2-CLI requests: SQL_ERROR; SQLSTATE = HY004; NativeErrorCode = -99999; Message = [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0123E SQL data type out of range. SQLSTATE=HY00.

I tried using Type casting i.e. cast (column name as Varchar(255)) in select query. This works fine.

I also searched through forums but could not get an answer for the following questions:

1) Doing Type Casting will affect the performance.Is there any other way to read data from data type of VARGRAPHIC

2) When i do type casting i.e. cast (column name as Varchar(lenght)). What is the length i need to keep here. Does it needs to be same length as the VARGRAPHIC column or more or less than that.

Appreciate reply.