CFF Stage Multiple Record Copy Book Limit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

THEDSKID
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF Stage Multiple Record Copy Book Limit

Post by THEDSKID »

When using the CFF option of importing multiple records by de-selecting the "Single Record" radio button on the Record page. I am able to import 8 different copybooks. However when I try to import the 9th copybook, it does not import.

I have verified that the 9th copybook is valid and will import as long as what seems to be a threshold at 8 copybooks has not been reached.

My client has datasets that have many more than 8 record formats so I am trying to find out if there is a limit to how many copybooks can be imported when using the multiple record functionality.

thx
-Chris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check with Support. I'm unaware of any documented limit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bamaxplant
Participant

Post by bamaxplant »

We have jobs running fine with ~~50 record formats in a CFF stage, so for sure 8 is not a limit. (V8.1)

I have had the problem in the Designer client with record layouts failing to add, especially if you try to do several in succession, or delete some records then add. When I encountered this, I discovered that if you do one or two changes, then close the stage editor (maybe save the job or even exit and restart the designer, I can't recall) and then add the new records it would work. Maybe this will help you.