Decimal error while compiling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

theone
Participant

Decimal error while compiling

Post by theone »

I receive error "Parsing parameters "0,0" for schema type "decimal": Precision must be > 0 and <= 255" while compiling the job

I have source field CODE_ID as decimal (8,0) in oracle and target as CODE_ID as decimal (8,0) in teradata with fastload utility as the table is new with no data.

Any inputs greatly appreciated,

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that you have a non-zero, non-blank value actually in the Precision part of the decimal declaration. DataStage is finding one of these.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
theone
Participant

Post by theone »

Thanks Ray, as I mentioned it is Decimal (8,0).. is it okay if I have a non zero value in precision?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not only OK, it's mandatory. But DataStage thinks there's a zero or empty precision in there somewhere. Enable the environment variable that dumps schemas (from memory it's something like OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS) to get a more detailed diagnosis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Plz check if you are using any stage variables, if yes then change their datatype to varchar(255)
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
theone
Participant

Post by theone »

I did not use any stage variables.. I know how to handle it using MLOAD but as of now I am using fastload..