DS 8.5 on Windows integration with TFS version control.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narsingrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS 8.5 on Windows integration with TFS version control.

Post by narsingrp »

We are using DS 8.5 on Windows. I was able to integrate DataStage with MicroSoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) using the Eclipse plugin for TFS.
The checkin & checkout works fine.But the TFS source control can only be used to save the code and I am unable to do migrations directly from version control to higher environments.
I noticed the migrations can be done only using Packaging functionality in Server Manager.I have gone through some posts which helped me setting up the TFS version control in ISM
but cound find a solution to this Problem.Is there anything I am missing here?

Dev <--> eclipse <--> TFS
|
V
ISM
| \
V V
Qa Prod

Can we deploy particular version only using packaging functionality?
How to track which version is deployed to PROD etc? Is there a way to automate the builds?
Actually we are still in development and not migrated to PROD yet but planning to move to Linux.
Does this ISM-to-TFS source control setup still works if we move to Linux? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Narsing
Karthik.M
Participant

Post by Karthik.M »

Version Control is possible in Datastage using "CVS - Concurrent Versions System" and "Clearcase" only.
Karthik.M
Analyst
Infotrellis.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Karthik.M wrote:Version Control is possible in Datastage using "CVS - Concurrent Versions System" and "Clearcase" only.
That is totally incorrect.

As narsingrp noted, it is possible to integrate with other source code control systems using the Eclipse plug-in provided for that very purpose.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.