Timestamp into DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lottokahe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Timestamp into DB2

Post by lottokahe »

Hi all,

i have a problem with the DB2 Connector stage on 8.5
We have two systems: Test (is running) and Production (still aborts).
Both systems seems to be identical, but on production i' am not able to load Timestamp fields into the DB2. Error message is following.

Message: DB2_Connector_9,1: SQLExecute reported: SQLSTATE = 40003: Native Error Code = -30.020: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30020N Execution of the
command or SQL statement failed because of a syntax error in the communication data stream that will affect the successful execution of subsequent commands
and SQL statements: Reason Code "0x220A"("0200")"". SQLSTATE=58009 (CC_DB2DBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_DB2DBStatement.cpp, line 576)
SQLEndTran(SQL_ROLLBACK) reported: SQLSTATE = 08003: Native Error Code = -99.999: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0106E Connection is closed.
SQLSTATE=08003 (CC_DB2Connection::rollback, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 1.358)

The DBA told me that this means the value in this field is too long, but on both systems Timestamp is defined "%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss"

Another problem is that i have no access to the systems and i must support via telephon.
If there are any ideas, they are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Sven