EBCDIC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sriec12
Participant

EBCDIC

Post by sriec12 »

Hi guys,

my mapping looks like

seq===>txn====>oracle

1) well my data is in EBCDIC format. There is one field called s_code its data type is char(1). When i load in to target , i am getting  (this format in the field).

2) so in sql developer i wrote a query

select ascii(s_code) from orc_stg. I got values like 10,60,65 and so on.

My question is: I need to set property of s-code field in sequential file. so that my staging should load values like 10,60,65 and so on. I dont need values like .

Please help in setting properties at sequential file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the Available options to add field choose the "read as EBCDIC" property. (I'm not certain of this property name and am not in a position to check at the moment.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sriec12
Participant

Post by sriec12 »

well in sequential file i use charchter set as EBCDIC.

Can any one telll me?

is it possible to use ascii funtion in transformer?

if i can use like dis ascii(s_code) i can get result ?
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

There are some details you haven't given us -- not complaining, just mentioning -- that might help decide on the right answer.

I have had no problems letting DataStage handle character sets. I read EBCDIC and write ASCII without any explicit conversions in between.

1) The data type doesn't tell me what the valid values are. Do you expect to see only alphanumeric characters, or are other values valid? Also, when you see something like "", that is your browser/editor's decision on how to display the character. How the data is displayed is not relevant to its value in storage.

Verify the EBCDIC code value of the character first, then verify that DS is converting it to the correct ASCII code value. If the conversion is correct, then you have a display problem and not a conversion problem.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872