Error Installing Oracle Drivers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error Installing Oracle Drivers

Post by vskr72 »

I have a IS 8.5 installed on Win 2003 server and its a 64 bit. Even IS is 64 bit. When I tried to run an job with Ora Enterprise stage, it is failing in validation. This is the error I am getting:

Code: Select all

main_program: PATH search failure: 
main_program: Error loading "liborchoraclent": Could not load "liborchoraclent": %1 is not a valid Win32 application. .
main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "orawrite"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
I searched the forum and I understand that it could due to one of the below:
1. Path not set properly
2. Oracle drivers not installed properly

I checked the PATH, APT_ORCHHOME and LIBPATH and they are set fine.

I tried installing the oracle drivers using the install.liborchoracle.sh utility and I get this message. I am stuck with this for a very long time. Appreaciate any feedback from experts:

Code: Select all

Installing  Oracle driver.
Installing  driver for Oracle Version 10g
cp: liborchoracle.dll: The system cannot find the file specified.
 Oracle driver installation is completed.
I am not sure how to fix this. Thanks,

Satish
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you have an Oracle client installed on that server? Note that I specifically said "client" and not "drivers".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vskr72
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vskr72 »

Both DS Server and Oracle Server are installed on the same machine. Do I still need to install the Oracle client again on the same machine. Can you pls clarify?

Thank you

Satish
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Normally I would say no, but since something is clearly wrong it wouldn't hurt to rerun the Oracle client installation to see if that corrects your environment.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
manumace
Participant

Post by manumace »

Yes, I faced the same issue. I had DS and ORCL server on same box, but when I installed the client it worked fine..

Regards,
Manu
manumace