Teradata API Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata API Stage

Post by bcarlson »

We have some old DS7 jobs that we need to tune better for Teradata. They have some lookups to a very small table in the database. Right now, in DS7, we are using the TD Ent stage anytime we talk to Teradata. however, that means very read is a FastExport and every load is a FastLoad. Unlike the TD Connector, we cannot opt for a non-TD-Utility option in the TD Ent Stage.

My memory was that there was a TD API stage available in teh parallel pallete, yet I cannot find it anywhere. The Server palette has one, but that is not an option in a parallel job. Does this sound familiar? Is it a plug-in that need to be installed? Our DS7 environment is DS7.5.1a.

Thanks!

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Okay, I guess that was a dumb question. I found it under the Stage Types/Parallel/Database/TeradataAPI.

New question, though. It looks like I cannot use job parameters - is that true?

Brad.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've never used the stage but can't imagine that would be true, what makes you think that? Something in the docs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

We use parameters routinely in the 7.5.1 TeradataAPI stage in both the General and Input tabs and have done so for years.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

I was able to get the parameters to work. The fact that the password field was encrypted threw me off and made me think that parameters were not allowed.

Brad.