Problems reading from a Dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijay1234
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problems reading from a Dataset

Post by vijay1234 »

Hi All,

We have 2 jobs. In Job1 a dataset is created. In job2, dataset is read and then used for join.

There are 1058 records loading into dataset in job1. When i run job 2, only 171 records are being read.

According to log, I think data is getting rejected. I see something like this below

repartition(0),1: Input 0 consumed 271 records
repartition(0),1: Output 0 producecd 271 records

I do not see any reason why data should be rejected.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Metadata mismatch probably. Use a sequential file or dataset stage to capture & analyse the reject rows.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
kkalyanrao@gmail.com
Participant

Post by kkalyanrao@gmail.com »

Check if both jobs use same configuration file
- Kalyan
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Use dataset management utility to find out how many records are loaded into the datastet.
If the dataset has the number of records that are loaded by job 1 then the problem is with job2 else the problem is with job1.

Even if the configuration file is not the same Datastage would repartion the data appropriately while reading it in job2.
Hema.k
Participant

Post by Hema.k »

This might be because of having constraints in the transformer stage. If so ,it process only the records which satisfies the constraint given.

Regards,
Hema K
skrispriya
Participant

Post by skrispriya »

This is because 271 out of 1058 records are available in lookup table.
Join stage denotes number of records being processed after joining with lookup table.I hope you should have used inner join.

Regards
Priya