Parallel Job compiling problem with DS 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

carbunaruf
Participant

Parallel Job compiling problem with DS 8.5

Post by carbunaruf »

Hi,
I have DS8.5 installed on Windows 7 with Microsoft VC++ 2008 Express Edition on it.
The current configuration is:

INCLUDE = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include
LIB = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib

APT_COMPILEOPT: -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c
APT_LINKOPT: -s -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000
APT_LINKER and APT_COMPILER: cxx

I searched already a solution on this forum but nothing helped me. I installed - uninstall several times the product. I don't know what are the things that I am missing in the configuration.
Everything seems to work perfectly only when I add a transformer stage in a parallel job it give me the following compilation error :

##E IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00076 16:10:53(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 40,192.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 16:10:53(001) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 16:10:53(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 16:10:53(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/include\exception(85) : warning C4985: 'strcpy_s': attributes not present on previous declaration.
C:/PROGRA~2/MKSTOO~1/include\string.h(90) : see declaration of 'strcpy_s'
D:\Software\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\include\apt_util/keylookup.h(1151) : warning C4251: 'APT_KeyLookupRange::rangeOptions_' : class 'std::vector<_Ty>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'APT_KeyLookupRange'
with
[

##I IIS-DSEE-TBLD-00000 16:10:53(004) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: _Ty=APT_KeyLookupRange::rangeOption
]
D:\Software\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\include\apt_components/transformop/transformbase.h(185) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'APT_UInt64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data.

Thank
slosa
Participant

Re: Parallel Job compiling problem with DS 8.5

Post by slosa »

Hi,

try

INCLUDE = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include
LIB = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib

this worked for me.

Cheers
- Sascha