DB2 bulk load option..non recoverable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devesh_ssingh
Participant

DB2 bulk load option..non recoverable

Post by devesh_ssingh »

Hi All,

i was just wondering non recoverable option in DB2 bulk load option..
i see the explationation
"True indicates that your load transaction is marked as non-recoverable. It will not be possible to recover your transaction with a subsequent roll forward action. The roll forward utility will skip the transaction, and will mark the table into which data was being loaded as "invalid". The utility will also ignore any subsequent transactions against the table. After a roll forward is completed, the table can only be dropped. Table spaces are not put in a backup pending state following the load operation, and a copy of the loaded data is not made during the load operation. Specify False if you want the transaction to be marked as recoverable."

still wondering..
does it mean ..if load aborts by any means then the amount of data is loaded in to table at abort instance will be rollbacked or it creates save point and when we load agin will bypass already loaded record and load remaning data

please correct me

thanks and regards,
Devesh
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DB2 bulk load option..non recoverable

Post by MT »

Hi Devesh
devesh_ssingh wrote:
still wondering..
does it mean ..if load aborts by any means then the amount of data is loaded in to table at abort instance will be rollbacked or it creates save point and when we load agin will bypass already loaded record and load remaning data

please correct me

thanks and regards,
Devesh
The NONRECOVERABLE option is a dangerous thing regarding later recoveries and rollforwards as described in the text.
This has NO implication to the load process itself - so it does NOT mean this load is not recoverable.
So you can restart your load even when NONRECOVERABLE (for the loaded table) is being used.

best regards
Michael