Teradata Enterprise Stage Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunpramanik
Participant

Teradata Enterprise Stage Warning

Post by arunpramanik »

I have a simple Teradata table load job.
the job retrives data from a dataset and load to Teradata table using Teradata Enterprise Stage.

Wile executing this job I get following Warning for Teradata Enterprise stage - When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning of the parallel data set on input port 0.

Stage is truncating the table and then loading

Any idea how to resolve this problem.
(i do not have plan to change stage)
Ravi.K
Participant

Post by Ravi.K »

Change "Preserve Partitioning" to "Clear" at Advanced Tab of the Teradata Enterprise Stage.
Cheers
Ravi K
arunpramanik
Participant

Post by arunpramanik »

Ravi.K wrote:Change "Preserve Partitioning" to "Clear" at Advanced Tab of the Teradata Enterprise Stage.
Did not find the option Preserve partitioning" at Advance tab of Teradata Enterprise Stage.
Ravi.K
Participant

Post by Ravi.K »

I don't have Datastage 8 access. I am not pretty much sure whether it has that option or not.

I am looking at Datastage 7.5.2.Navigation at Datastage 7.5.2 :

Teradata Enterprise Stage--> Stage Tab --> Advanced Tab --> Preserve Partitioning Dropdown Box--> Clear
Cheers
Ravi K
rsmani
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rsmani »

I'd say, you will have to clear the partitioning in the Stage previous to the Teradata Stage.