SQL Server ODBC connector Exception

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deps1972
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL Server ODBC connector Exception

Post by deps1972 »

I am having an issue with following select statement when running a DS job
Strange thing is that it works from ODBC stage when I cut and paste this statement interactively in ODBC stage

Select
LocateRef,
PlaceRef,
REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(TheAddress, CHAR(10), ' '), CHAR(13), ' '), CHAR(9), ' ') AS TheAddress,
SysUser,
RecType,
RecStat,
SysVersion,
SeqNum FROM Address;

When I run the DS job to transfer data for Address table I get the following error messages in the parallel job

ODBC_Connector_52: Unrecognized argument: ), CHAR(13),
ODBC_Connector_52: SAX parser exception thrown: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'SelectStatement' (CC_PropertySet::fatalError, file CC_PropertySet.cpp, line 2,205)

Any idea what may be the problem?
dj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which ODBC driver are you using with this Connector?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tbeerens
Participant

- same problem with DB2 connector

Post by tbeerens »

Had a similar problem

DB2_Connector_0: SAX parser exception thrown: A leading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character (CC_PropertySet::fatalError, file CC_PropertySet.cpp, line 2,146)

Problem does not occur with other DB2 sources. Could it be that the problem has something to do with the character set of the input source?
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi,
SAX Parser is used to process XML files. If by any chance your file is XML then there's a missing or invalid character in the file.
ODBC_Connector_52: SAX parser exception thrown: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'SelectStatement' (CC_PropertySet::fatalError, file CC_PropertySet.cpp, line 2,205)
Theerens,

In your case the error is at line 2146.

Remove these errors using a XML Document handler and re run the job.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

A late thought... Why ODBC Connector or DB2 stage for an XML file?... :roll:
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
tbeerens
Participant

Post by tbeerens »

The problem is that I don't use aything with XML.
And regarding the data within the DB2-source, it does not contains XML.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try using CHR() rather than CHAR() in the REPLACE() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Theerens,

Start a new post with the complete job design details and full error log. Not so nice to take this post away from deps1972.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

DataStage_Sterling
Participant

Post by DataStage_Sterling »

I came across this error and found where the problem is. I used a parmeter set variable directly in the job without including the paramter set itself in the job parameters (job properties). While this may be only one of many reasons why this could occur, I am posting it here so that it is beneficial for others. In case you hit this eerror, check that you have all the parameters in order .

Thanks
SB