Teradata connector issue in Production

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasam
Participant

Teradata connector issue in Production

Post by vasam »

Hi All,

I'm using Teradata connector stage to extract the data..i am using Bulk option. My job is running fine in DEV and SIT environments,,But job has failed in PROD environement... i am getting below error in Production.
[IIS-CONN-TERA-005004] RDBMS code 21012: Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat SQL statement: SELECT CNCT_NUMB,CO_IDNN,REGN_IDNN,BRCH_IDNN,PDCT_IDNN,ACCG_DATE,PAYT_NUMB,NET_AMT,INT_EARN,DFLT_INT,INCM_FROM_PAYO,OTHR_INCM_CNCT (CC_TeraParallelTransporter::initiate, file CC_TeraParallelTransporter.cpp, line 1,248)

Could you please tell me why it is failing in Prodenvironment?
vijayakumargoud
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

*drops 2 cents into the pot*

A) confirm with your Teradata DBA which version of TD is installed in PROD. The release levels could be different than your DEV and SIT environments.

B) Confirm with your Teradata DBAs the release level (and which compilers were used) your client TD tools. The BULK options will only work if your Client tools were compiled to a given release level. In our shop, the TD DBAs are the ones to package the TD tools and deploy them.

C) see if your SQL works outside of DataStage (Teradata supplied tools like Queryman) against your PROD environment.
vasam
Participant

Post by vasam »

Thanks for sharing information..

I have checked with my DBA's.. they have not installed properly in prod
vijayakumargoud
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Once you get to confirm and execute properly, remember to come back and mark this thread as closed or answered.

Glad I could be of help.