Accessing DB2 9.1 using ODBC in DS7.5.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

braj
Participant

Accessing DB2 9.1 using ODBC in DS7.5.1

Post by braj »

Hi

We have a requirement wherein we have to access tables in DB2 9v from DataStage 7.5.1 using ODBC stage.

Seems ODBC driver version in DS7.5.1 does not support for DB2 9v. However Datadirect ODBC drivers 5.3 supports access to Db2 9v.

Will we be able to install (rather upgrade existing) Datadirect ODBC drivers 5.3 in datastage 7.5.1.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you.
Brajesh.
Braj
ppgoml
Participant

Re: Accessing DB2 9.1 using ODBC in DS7.5.1

Post by ppgoml »

if you install a db2 client on the DS Server box, you could use libdb2.so as the odbc driver to connect to db2 v9, and you don't need to upgrade DataDirect to 5.3 for DS 7.5.1, and I did so in some project, it worked very well.
braj
Participant

Post by braj »

Thanks a ton ppgoml...I followed the same method as per your post and could resolve the issue.

Thanks again.
Braj
braj
Participant

Post by braj »

I have put DB2 client ODBC driver name in .odbc.ini file. driver name: <path>/libdb2.a

Now I am able to import the metadata (table definition) from DB2 database. Even I am able to view data from there.

But when I am trying to run this in a job it is giving below error message:

RT_SC113/OshExecuter.sh20: 221728 Segmentation fault(coredump)

When running query in the database, its working correctly.

Another thing, Since in my server I could see libdb2.a (not libdb2.so), so have extracted it, which has created shr.o which I renamed to libdb2.so and using it. But again I am able to extract metadata and see data from metadata import window but when running job its failing with same issue.

Any thoughts on this will really be helpful.

Thanks
Brajesh.
Braj