Warning while using Teradata Connector -RCP enabled

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have a particular need to have RCP enabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you have a particular need to have RCP enabled? ...
Actully our parallel job is a generic job, where at run time we just passing source and target table name from parameter. We are not loading the source and target metedata in the JOB.

If I do not enable RCP, we need to load metedata for each conbination of source and target. In that case we need to have 30 jobs to load 30 tables.

I am not sure if this can be acheived without enabling RCP in one job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any transformation must have the column(s) to which it applies present on the Transformer stage input link - it must be there explicitly, it cannot be provided via RCP. So, unless this transformation exists for all of your generic possibilities, it looks to me like you're going to need more than one "generic" job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

ray.wurlod wrote:Any transformation must have the column(s) to which it applies present on the Transformer stage input link - it must be there explicitly, it cannot be provided via RCP. So, unless this transformation ...

Hi Ray,

You are correct. I have mentioned that coulmn (Job_EXECUTION_ID) explicity in the transformer and value is getting gererated at run time. It is not coming via RCP.
But other columns are provided via RCP.
JOB_EXECUTION_ID is common column in all the tables. But the values is being passed at run time that is why we are using transformer.

If I use copy stage and get the JOB_EXECUTION_ID from source it self then I am not getting any error. But we have to generate JOB_EXECUTION_ID value at run time.
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

Hi Santosh,

May i know which version of datastage and Teradata are you using now?
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

prashanth.spl wrote:Hi Santosh,

May i know which version of datastage and Teradata are you using now?

We are using DataStage 8.1 (UNIX), Teradata Connector 12 Version.
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

Have you installed all the connector patches in server and client? These patches are on top of 8.1 Fix-pack1.
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

We have already installed the 8.1.FixPack.1.

Could you please let us know which pack we need to install to resolve the issue?
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

srai
Participant

Post by srai »

Thanks a lot for information.
I will check with IBM Support Team.