Osh Command to export DataSet to a File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Osh Command to export DataSet to a File

Post by raju_chvr »

Hello,

Is there any Osh command to export the DataSet into a file ?

The Dataset is on the production box and I need that dataset in Dev. We cannot create a temporary job to move the data from Dataset to File in production.

Please let me know or point me to any previous posting for the same. (I have searched and found no postings for this)
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Code: Select all

orchadmin dump -delim ';' YOURDATASETNAME.DS > YOUR_FLAT_FILENAME.DAT
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raju_chvr »

Is it that simple ? Don't we need to set the configuration file and all of the other necessary things ? I have tried it and following is the command I have issued:

orchadmin dump -delim ';' hdw_prevday_R1Cards_mly_iu.ds > /home/pfint2/hdw_prevday_R1Cards_mly_iu_20101221.DAT

and following is the error it came back with:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program orchadmin because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module liborchgeneralaix3.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module liborchgeneralaix3.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Any suggestions !
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Even I am also getting the same error. APR_ORCHHOME and APT_CONFIG_FILE are set properly in my project and also I am able to run DataStage jobs through command line from that location. But ORCHADMIN is not working.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Maybe something to do with permissions , are you able to run osh ? Does your user id ( unix) have read access to those folders? Also check your library paths LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc) add $APT_ORCHHOME/bin to your $PATH and $APT_ORCHHOME/lib to library path variable).

If it set correctly in teh project - it only means datastage/dsadmin will be able to run parallel jobs , not necessarily when you login to unix with a different user id..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Execute the ${DSHOME}/dsenv script. Make sure that APT_ORCHHOME is correctly set (to the PXEngine directory).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.