Warnings on data type int (int32 to uint32)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amar_nath
Participant

Warnings on data type int (int32 to uint32)

Post by Amar_nath »

Hello,

I am having some attributes with INT(10) data type on which I am recieving warnings like below -

Lookup_XXX,0: When binding input interface field "abcd" to field "abcd": Implicit conversion from source type "int32" to result type "uint32": Possible range limitation.

there is no function used in any transformer also at database level they are INT(10). Any suggestion to get rid of them? :?:

(I would not like to supress them in message handler :( )

Thanks in advace !!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the schemas thoroughly to ensure that there's no Extended property making one of the integers unsigned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amar_nath
Participant

Post by Amar_nath »

Thanks Ray for responce.

I have checked schema there are not UNSIGNED integers also there are no UNICODE characters. Still I am getting 43 warnings :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Include environment variable $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS as a job parameter and set it to True. This will show you which schema has field "abcd" defined as an unsigned integer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.