Multiple Instance Job - Invocation ID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

Multiple Instance Job - Invocation ID

Post by srai »

Hi All,

We have a Master Sequence which internally calling a inner multiple instance sequnce and that internally calling a multiple instance parallel job.
Job design is like---

Master SEQUENCE (parallel calling 9 times a multiple instance seuence)--> INNER SEQUNCE (Multiple instance)--> Basic Parallel Jobs (Multiple instance).

Our inner sequnce internally calling a unix script which take the table name as parameter. Now at run time we need to pass different table name for each inner sequence from MASTER SEQUENCE.

I have thought to parameterized the table name by using "Invocation Id" at run time which calling every instance.
But I am not able the see any option to pass the invocation id as a parameter while calling the UNIX script in INNER SEQUNCE.

Any help on this is highly appreciable.

Thanks
Santosh
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

You should be able to pass the DSJobInvocationId macro value to your script.

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is, in the Job activity that invokes the inner sequence, to provide the value of the parameter using an expression containing that macro. It is true, as you identify, that you have to pass the invocation ID as a job parameter (as well as setting the inner sequence's invocation ID).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.