Datastage strange behavirs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gokul
Participant

Datastage strange behavirs

Post by Gokul »

Hi ,

I have been observing some weird behaviors, can someone explain these for me.

1> I have 2 jobs a and b. In the job a 2 datasets are created partitioned on key x and sorted on key x and key y. (The relation between key x and Y is one to many and between Y and X is one to many. e.g branch and account.).
In the job b when I join the 2 created datasets using key x,y keeping the partitions as same. The join is not going proper count.

When I do a explicit hash in the join stage on key x for the both the links, count is coming properly.

2> In a job , (I have source-->sort(a,b)--> removed dup(key a,b)-->target.)
There is sort stage on key (a,b) followed by remove duplicates on key (a,b). On execution I was getting the warning,"downstream operator does not fulfill the requirement".

As a solution, I deleted the link between the sort and remove duplicated and replaced it with a new on. The warning was removed.

3> In a another job, I have more than 2 inputs to the join stage, the count of records is getting garbled.
When I replace the above single join stage with multiple join stage with only 2 inputs, the count is coming properly.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here. Get count of duplicates?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Gokul
Participant

Post by Gokul »

I am not trying to prove or establish here( I have been working datastage for 4+years and I love it) . But these are some of the weird behaviours i cam across. Just need to know whether the implementation can be changed or the tool settings.