Error in retrieving records using look up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kalpanam
Participant

Error in retrieving records using look up

Post by kalpanam »

Hi All,

I'm facing issue while doing look up of sequential file and dataset file.

Actually In source I'm using Sequential file with Session_id(varchar),Page_number(varchar),Hour_of_day(varchar) columns and same columns coming from reference dataset file but unique records.

I'm doing look up on SESSION_ID column.From source I'm getting duplicate session_id's and from reference unique records.

In source file I'm having 2990204 records and in reference 206775 records.
But while executing I'm seesing 2990204 records coming out from referenceinstead of 206775 records.

Could any one please let me know where i'm going wrong?
Kalpana Marupudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could be "going wrong" simply in your understanding of your data. If there are duplicate session ID values in the stream input each will be successfully looked up and therefore generate a row (each) on the output link. Also, verify that your Lookup Failed rule is Continue, which puts each stream input row onto the output whether or not the lookup succeeds - there are three alternatives for the Lookup Failed rule.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.