Reg Architecture

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju4u
Participant

Reg Architecture

Post by raju4u »

Hi Can anybody send me the link for datastage 8.1 architecture.bec i tried in google but i didnt get the proper architecture..

that would be great if u have any document ,please send it...

Thanks in advance..
N R REDDY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please try to maintain a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It helps those whose first language is not English.

Have you looked in the manuals and on the IBM website? There is more than one possible architecture for Information Server or, to put that another way, there's no single architecture.

The logical architecture consists of four tiers: client, engine, services and repository. Connections to databases and the like are made from the engine, but possibly via the Connector Access Service.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi raju4u,

InfoSphere can be installed in a number of different configurations, depending on the environment and how you want to split up the various layers and components.

Did the person who did your installation leave behind any doco?
Or do you need to perform an install yourself?