Unable to obtain DB2 partition information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhijitg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to obtain DB2 partition information

Post by abhijitg »

Hi,

We are currently developing parallel jobs for a new data warehouse. The login id we are using in our test environment has DBA equivalent permissions, however our production environment has more limited access (as it should be).

The job on test works without any errors but in production it aborts with the following error.

Code: Select all

[TABLE]:  The connector was not able to obtain partitioning information for the table [SCHEMA].[TABLE] in the database [DBNAME]. The method sqlugtpi returned reason code 0, SQLCODE -2019. Ensure that the table exists and that it can be accessed. (CC_DB2Connection::obtainPartitioningInfoForTable, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 2293)
The partition type is DB2 connector and the error is generated for both partitioned and non-partitioned tables.

I was able to see the table in the catalog (sysibm.systables) and I was able to select from it, however my guess is that there might be additional privileges required to get to the partitioning information.

Am I on the right track with thinking this is a permission issue? and if so could someone help me identify what objects we need access to for us to resolve this problem? The DBAs do not want to give us the same privileges we have on test.

Thanks
Abhijit
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not additional privileges to sysibm.systables, but SELECT privilege to those tables in which partitioning information is stored is required. Consult with your DBA.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.