encryption & decryption

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vitumati
Participant

encryption & decryption

Post by vitumati »

I'm not c++ resource Actually I'm a DataStage resource I got situation to write routine in C++ for this Encryption& Decryption.My team doen't provide any algorithm to follow and idon't have bit shifting experience.
which algorithm following is not a issue.I need to write routine please can you help me ?
My situation is...............?
My source Database(Orcle/DB2) I need to take one object encrypt/Decrypt loaded in target DB
for this i need logic?

DB(Source)----------------->Encrypt/Decrypt-------------------->DB(Target)

NOTE:this encrption is not for job level.I'm going to applay this for more than 40 sequences.so i need a reusable Routine
Abhinav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're going to encrypt and decrypt in the one flow? That's the same as taking one step forward and one step backward - a lot of effort to achieve nothing.

Anyway, there's lots of encryption algorithms to be found on the web. And you can hire a C++ programmer if you don't have the skills.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.