Oracle connector issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

Oracle connector issue

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi Team,

Could you please help. I am trying to use Oracle connector stage to read multiple table query information.

I am getting below error:

The current user does not have read permission on the file; or the file is empty. (CC_OraUtils::getFileSize, file CC_OraUtils.cpp, line 1608)

The same thing is working for me while using DRS stage and Oracle Enterprise stage.

Please let me know is it required to create ODBC configuration.

Using DRS and Oracle Enterprise stage it is taking 1 min.

If I use Oracle connector stage is there any performance improvement compare to DRS or OCI?

Thanks in Advance
SHRINIVAS
sparq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Oracle connector issue

Post by sparq »

Problem: The current user does not have read permission on the file; or the file is empty. (CC_OraUtils::getFileSize, file CC_OraUtils.cpp, line 1608)

Solution: if you are using the Oracle Connector, and you are using the custom SQL query to extract the data from Oracle source, please select " Read select statement from file as : No". Because otherwise it was planning to get SQL query from the file. that may not be true in your current scenario.

Sorry for late comments. I hope it helps someone. :D