Access Java services

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Access Java services

Post by myukassign »

Hi,

We have a requirement to access java services from Datastage. Is it possible? How to do that?

We have a file in the following format

ColA,ColB, ColC
100, X, Y
200,B,N

I want to call a javaservice (its not webservice) e.g. ValidateCNCode(100,X,Y) and capture the return object of that service (it will be an object of a java class) and extract its values. Please can anyone help me how to do achive this?

I have an idea to do this, and please validate this idea if no other option is available
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: With ETL we create a text file with colA,ColB,ColC and place it in a unix folder

Step 2. We will call a shell script using exec activity in sequncer, in that shell script a java client program will be called . This java program call the services and create another text file with the result of service call

e.g. 100, S,Y, model1, make1

Step 3. We will use this output text file and use a lookup stage to look up with my actul source to complete my processing.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Look thru the forum for entries on "JavaPack".....you can either integrate this class with the java api calls needed to directly interact with the DS Engine, or else write another class that talks to DataStage and also talks to your particular java program.

Look at my blog below also. I have a simple java example there.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>