Error in ODBC stage but view data returns fine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error in ODBC stage but view data returns fine

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
I have a simple job that goes from an ODBC stage to a transformer then a flat file.

I have a user defined SQL:
select #$mf_file_pfx1# || REQUEST.F_GET_MF_FILE_EXT ( CHAR(DATE(Current date),ISO), '' ) ||'~' || #$mf_file_pfx2# || REQUEST.F_GET_MF_FILE_EXT ( CHAR(DATE(Current date),ISO), '' ) as mf_Date_Qual from sysibm.sysdummy1

The two parameters are administrative variables defined as follows:
mf_file_pfx1 'BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL035.'
mf_file_pfx2 'BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL0001A.'

When I do a view data in the ODBC stage I get the proper results:
BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL035.D1045F~BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL0001A.D1045F

I compile the job and run but get the following fatal error when running:
main_program: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0104N An unexpected token "|| REQUEST" was found following "6.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL035.". Expected tokens may include: "<identifier>". SQLSTATE=42601

Any ideas what is wrong?
Thanks - - John
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Just wanted to add that replacing the origina sql with:
select 'BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL035.' || REQUEST.F_GET_MF_FILE_EXT ( CHAR(DATE(Current date),ISO), '' ) ||'~' || 'BX5216.PPRP.DSOUT.VAL0001A.' || REQUEST.F_GET_MF_FILE_EXT ( CHAR(DATE(Current date),ISO), '' ) as mf_Date_Qual from sysibm.sysdummy1 (No parameters)
works fine with view data and when executing the job.
- - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So it looks like an issue with parameter value passing. Take a look at the osh generated by View Data and compare that with the generated osh (and the score) used at run time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.