Compilation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeevm
Participant

Compilation error

Post by rajeevm »

Hi

I am facing compilation problem when i am trying to compile the job I am getting the following error

Unexpected parameter set parameter (" Job name") in shared container

What could be the reason

I would appreciate your quick responses.

Thanks

rajeevm
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Check whether the parameters are set for the job that is present in the container.
rajeevm
Participant

Post by rajeevm »

I have all the parameters set for the job I am using three parameter sets.
As I loading from the sequential file to table I checked the file name and the parameters used in there . But cannot figure out what is the problem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a reference within one of the stages within the shared container to a parameter (set) called "Job name". Apparently the container does not have a parameter (set) of this name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeevm
Participant

Post by rajeevm »

I am not using the using shared container but using the shared parameter set My job design is as follows

Seq File ----->Funnel stage-------> transformer-------> ODBC stage

and I have another sequential file to the funnel stage and i have two reject files I checked all the parameters used in these stages they are fine but getting the following error :

Unexpected parameter set parameter DTI_Hawker_Parm.DB_DTI_Hawker_LKP_UPD in shared container (DB_DTI_HAWKER_LKP_UPD)

DB_DTI_Hawker_LKP_UPD is the job name
DTI_Hawker_Parm is the parameter set I am using.

Let me know if this in understanding my problem.

Thanks
Aauguste
Participant

Post by Aauguste »

This is clearly related to Parameter set used in the shared container. Paratmer set usage needs to be verified in the shared container. Replied to this post as I also got the same issue and resolved.